Monday, January 5, 2015

354 days

I took down the tree and decorations yesterday. I thought that it would be better to just get it over with and bring the season to an end. But wait...I started a countdown on my ipad for Christmas. I am turning into that person that wants Christmas to be everyday. So with that being said, I left a little bit of Christmas in each room. It's small and if you aren't in my house on a regular basis you wouldn't even know it. I also decided that I will be wearing Christmas socks throughout the year. I love the season so much that it was sad to take my tree down. I was cranky and yelling at the dog all day until I heard a song from the movie Elf on the tv when I got out of the shower. I instantly got happy. So needless to say my husband has figured me out and knows what makes me happy. Two Christmas movies are staying out for the year when I need a little boost of happy: Elf and Christmas Vacation. Can't tell you why but it makes me smile, and if that makes me smile and get up in the morning, what harm is it doing. I am not going to turn into a person that leaves the tree up year round and wears my Christmas shirts all the time. I have my limits, I don't want to end up on one of those shows on TLC about crazy obsessions. It's still winter so I validate my decision to continue the SPIRIT of Christmas throughout the year.  So with that I curl up in my Christmas blanket and countdown to the day when I can put up my decorations again and enjoy songs of the season. Oh who am I kidding I am going to listen to my two cds I got for Christmas in my car-and sing at the top of my lungs.

Be kind and remember to keep the SPIRIT of Christmas in your heart all year long.

No comments:

Post a Comment