Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Blackbird, you ain't every gonna fly again"

I have felt like in the last month that so much more is possible.  I refer to the great songstress Nina Simone for this post. I have these song lyrics on my ribs.  I got this tattoo done about three years ago after I got my Masters. I decided to get these lyrics on my ribs when I was at a low point in my life regarding what I am going to do with my life. I didn't know when I would "fly" or "love" in the future. I wanted these words on my body to remind me that I will FLY and someone WILL love me eventually. I am fortunate that today I have the most loving SO there is and has stuck by me through a lot of crazy times. I am fortunate that in the last month I have learned that I am going to SOAR, not fly into the future with so much force it might take your breath away. So I leave you with this song by one of my favorite ladies. (If you have never heard this song, I beg you to listen to the sorrow in this woman's voice to understand the true meaning behind the words.)


Why you wanna fly Blackbird you ain't ever gonna fly
No place big enough for holding all the tears you're gonna cry
Cuz your mama's name was lonely and your daddy's name was pain
And they call you little sorrow cuz you'll never love again

So why you wanna fly Blackbird you ain't ever gonna fly
You ain't got no one to hold you you ain't got no one to care
If you'd only understand dear nobody wants you anywhere
So why you wanna fly Blackbird you ain't ever gonna fly

No comments:

Post a Comment