Friday, March 28, 2014

For the Birds...

My desk sits facing the window-which gives me a great view of our backyard. We recently put out our regular bird feeders. (the Hummingbird ones go up in a week!) I have just been sitting here watching them fly around and chirp out of happiness. I wish sometimes my life were that simple...find food, poop and find more food. (and don't get eaten by something bigger than you.) Ok maybe I don't wish my life were like that but the birds have given me something...peace. I can sit here for hours and watch them and not think about anything else. I just sit and listen to the the chirping and it makes me smile. I wake up to the chirping outside my bedroom window and it makes me smile. 1. I woke up and 2. life continues no matter how bad you think it might be.  Take time today and just listen to the birds and thank them for being so wonderfully simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment