Monday, March 31, 2014

Time

You can 't get it back once its gone. You can try to conserve it by procrastinating, but what good does that do for you or the people in your life. I am learning to become less structured in my life and let things happen as they come. It's really hard when you grew up in a military family. Structure is what you know and how you live your life. IT never leaves your blood, you have to be super early or you are late. So back to this time thing, I want to learn to take my sweet time doing things and not be so hard on myself if I don't get something finished. I have no schedule at the time so I should be really good at this whole slowing down and enjoying the time I have to sit on the couch for an extra hour if I chose, or cook a batch of cookies. (the later I probably will not do, because I burn things, but I could if I wanted to.) Because I have unlimited time on my hands, I have discovered that I don't really like doing nothing. Some people might think I am crazy for saying this, but I have never NOT done something. My concept of who I am has always been tied to what I DO and the amount of TIME i spend DOING IT. Not anymore. I just have to accept that time is infinity for me right now and its a gift in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment