Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Purpose

I wrote in my journal the other night: PURPOSE. I have been asking myself what is my purpose in this life? Well, I can't tell you, and many people are in the same boat as I am. I know what I have a passion for and I know what I like doing for fun.  But could I tell you a  little secret; I don't know my purpose. I have over the years been so obsessed that my identity was tied to what I was DOING as my job. I am no longer teaching, but I AM still a TEACHER. I have a passion to teach and see the light bulb go on in students.  I plan on going back to school in the fall to get my PhD. in Education and I am ecstatic...but for different reasons that before when I let what I was doing be my identity. I am ecstatic because its a choice I made for myself and it will only make me a better person.  Who knows, maybe my purpose in this life is to go back to teaching high school, maybe I am more suited to teaching college level students that might actually get my sarcasm and laugh at my jokes, maybe...but whatever my purpose is I will be content with it. I have no other choice, you can't change the future you can only influence it by what you do each day. Maybe that just it, maybe we aren't supposed to go around trying to figure out our purpose we are just supposed to do what we love and share that with others. Maybe we aren't supposed to know what the purpose of our life is/was until the very end when its all over. Who knows, but I do know its going to be a beautiful day so the fuzz (the dog) and I are going to go for a quick walk to breath in some fresh air. Be kind and enjoy the day (and night too for that matter. )

No comments:

Post a Comment