Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What my momma did tell me...

My mother is my role model. There are a lot of things that my momma hasn't told me yet, but she does give life lessons daily if you are interested... I think they start at 8 am and continue till 9 pm. But here is a short list of what my momma DID teach me about life:

1. Sometimes you that to lie a little to get what you want-the benefit outweighs the lie.
2. IF you dance on a table wear pants- a dress is just tacky.
3. Never, never leave the hour without earrings or some bling-even if going on a sweaty walk around the block.
4. Eat what you love.
5. Laugh loud and often-especially with family and friends.
6. When you hit 60 you can be as cranky as you want to be.
7. When you hit 50 you can start passing gas in public and not excuse yourself.
8. Being in love and loving someone are completely different.
9. If momma's child is happy, then momma is happy.
10. Never drink too much blueberry wine- it leads to memory loss.
11. #10 can also lead to getting your foot caught in the sheet and you falling into out of the bed and into the closet door.
12. Vacuum early in the morning before everyone gets up=best alarm ever!
13. If you can't put the outfit on/take it off without assistance don't wear it.
14. Momma is always going to be there for you no matter what!
15. IF momma needs to she will yell "PIMP DOWN," to distract people so you can get away.

My momma is a great lady and she tells it like it is. She doesn't hold back and those life lessons she gives actually do imprint on my mind and have made me the woman I am today. Mother's day is around the corner and in honor of all the mommas alive and who have passed, just remember as a woman we are mini versions of what our mothers taught us...and that is some powerful stuff. We are strong women because of the struggles they went through to give us the life we had growing up.
Be kind to people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment