Thursday, May 1, 2014

Small things

Living with anxiety is something that if you have it you know how constricting your life can be. What seems like a simple/small task can be the biggest obstacle to tackle when you have anxiety. I don't believe in CAN'T anymore, so its about finding ways to overcome the obstacle and make it easier for the wave of fear to come to a calm swell. By facing what really is hard for us is the best medicine. I have problems in crowds, and being in control. If I am in control of the situation or have someone with me, I am fine. Take away those factors and it becomes a sea of confusion and panic. I am surprised I am even writing about this, because this is something that I don't talk about. I don't tell people, I can't meet with you for lunch because I am terrified of being around people I don't know. I don't tell people I feel super awkward around people and unless I am in control of the situation I feel like running away. It's therapeutic to put the words down so that I can face the problem head on. I am in my head way too much. That is something that hinders me a lot, my big old brain won't let me stop thinking. So, if you are in my life, please know that I want you in my life, it will just take some time for me to be able to do all the things I would like to once again. I appreciate being able to do the small things that I am able to do, and one day those small things will become BIG THINGS! Be kind to people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment