Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bad Day

It seems that in my world people are more sensitive to me having a bad day. They think something traumatic has to happen for me to have a bad day. I want to say I am just like everyone else and I am ALLOWED to have a bad day. I am allowed to sleep till noon and stay in my PJs all day. It's fine. The problem is I am different, from everyone else's bad days. I unfortunately am wired to have more bad days than good days.  I struggle some days just to get out of bed, but I force myself almost everyday of the week to get out of bed and do something constructive during the day. This not only allows me to prevent multiple bad days, but it puts those bad days into perspective for me. They aren't really bad days, they are my lazy days. I have chosen today not to exercise, stay in my PJs and sleep till noon, because I CAN. Tomorrow I will get up exercise and have a great day because I know that my one lazy day is ok to have. I allow myself to be me and if I need a day off I take it. I allow myself to say its ok not to be active one day out of the week and I give myself permission to enjoy my lazy days. If it weren't for the my conscious telling me that I have to get out of bed and do something, I would have more bad days than I would normally allow. Again, my brain is hardwired to have more bad days and once that bad lazy day starts it can spiral into a bad day that can last a week or even longer. It's a struggle that I will have to deal with my entire life but I am determined to have more GOOD days than BAD days.

Be kind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment