Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Weighing In

Over the last year I have been struggling with my weight. Thanks to the wonderful medicine I have been taking, which has greatly improved my life, I have gained weight. Gaining weight is easy, you don't even realize your doing it till your pants are just a little too tight and then you also see that you look like a sausage stuffed into a casing. Its bad all around. Once I was given the blessing of having time off, (a little bit of sarcasm is still left in me when I call it a blessing.) it gave me a chance to reassess where I am with my health. I am not a crazy crossfit person and will never be. (sorry to anyone who does it, but its just a little crazy.) I walk/jog on my treadmill, walk around the lake, do some weights and call it a day. I also decided that I am no longer going to be a slave to my scale. I have been working out five days a week, keeping track of what I eat, walking whenever I can, just to stay motivated/dedicated to my health. Once I stopped getting on that scale I was free. I stopped beating myself up over the fact that the number isn't changing. I know that transformation is happening. It is not going to be instant, and I have come to terms with that. I also have come to terms that I am not going to fit into a size 3 anymore. A size 8 is a happy place to be. For the first time I am pleased with the way I look. If Marilyn Monroe can look that great as a size 16, then hell I am going to put on my vintage swim suit, which came in the mail yesterday and lay out on my back deck and be content with me. The freedom I have from releasing myself from the scale has been liberating. No more weigh ins for me.

Be Kind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment