Tuesday, April 15, 2014

hurt and harm

There is a difference between being hurt and being harmed. I might get my feelings hurt if someone judges me for my imperfections without knowing who I am as a person. But I am not harmed by their ignorance.  Hurting someone deals with feelings and emotions and you can get over that, most people do. Harming someone is doing typically irreversible damage to the person's inner soul. Think about it. Your parents protect you from harm because they don't want you to suffer what ultimately can become physical pain. Getting hurt (emotionally) in the meantime is part of growing up. Parents try to protect their children from getting hurt too, but that is a part of being young and dumb. You do things that hurt sometimes but you get over them (like a bad haircut or the jerk who dumps you.)Choosing the right word can make all the difference, I am not harming you if I tell your choice in shoes with that outfit wasn't the greatest idea. You can forgive me and hurt my feelings later if you think my socks don't match one day. (they never do) I have harmed myself for well over a year not wanting to accept what was actually happening, I have hurt many people on my way, but I know that if they are truly meant to be in my life they will forgive and welcome me back in.  Choose your words wisely, because there is a huge difference between being hurt and harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment