Thursday, April 24, 2014

Love-What is it good for?

I just read a quote from a page i follow on FB and it said, "love has nothing to do with the other person, its a gift we give ourselves." That is paraphrased but you get the idea. Does love have anything to do with the other person you love or is it really just a gift we give ourselves? I would agree with it. It is a gift and this doesn't mean you are being selfish, it means you are giving of yourself and that in essence is the true gift. When you become vulnerable and give of yourself, love can happen. When you open your heart to another you are getting the gift of love, the other person is doing the same. Its a mutual gift if you like. Each person gives of themselves and love can grow in a caring environment. When you are lucky to find it, it makes the world easier to go through. When I met my SO, it was like I had met my other half. I know its cliche, but its true. He is my penguin, which means he gets me for the rest of his life. He puts up with a lot and I am grateful for that. I get the best gift in the world by loving him, it makes me a better person. Be kind to others today, and love with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment