Friday, April 11, 2014

Strange Obsession

Since I have a lot of free time on my hands, the tv can suck me in at times. Today is one of those days. It's a lazy Friday morning and I am watching "My Strange Obsession." Right now, they are highlighting a retired couple that have the largest Cabbage Patch collection in the world. (over 5000) They take their first one with them everywhere and talk to him and have him talk to people as well. They might seem crazy, but the husband had a great point. "If I can talk as Kevin (doll's name) and have fun and get others to have fun with themselves, then it's been a good day." I think that is wonderful. When I am in the store, I sing and even sometimes dance to the music that is playing. (I learned this from my big sister) If I am having fun, then others might catch the bug. Is it really strange if you enjoy something? Or is it someone else's own uncomfortable feelings towards the situation that deems it "strange?"  I think its the latter. If you are happy, and remember being grateful creates happiness, then why is it ok for others to deem you strange or weird? I guess I have been considered odd all my life, but you know what I am having fun being me and that is all that matters. I am not going to lie, I think its a little funny that they walk around with a cabbage patch doll all day, but if I ever encounter someone who wants me to talk to their doll, you better believe I am going to talk to that doll. (of course in my best British accent ever!) Have fun today and be kind to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment