Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rainy day

It's rainy and I just want to sleep all day. Well, that is what I did yesterday so I guess I had to be productive today :) Its rainy and most people don't like the rain and sound of a storm but I honestly love it. We have a sound machine in our bedroom and I fall asleep to the thunder storm but it somehow changes to white noise later on. (The dog does it!) I like the idea of rain and how it cleanses and refreshes the earth. I know my dogs love a fresh rain, their noses go crazy when I take them outside. Its like all the smells have been washed clean and they have a smorgasbord of new experiences to deal with. You know a dog is in dog heaven with their nose is twitching like Samantha from Bewitched. (Which reminds me I want to watch some reruns of that show- loved it.)  But back to the rain, It washes away the grit and grime of the day before and allows you to have a clean slate, "tabla Rosa" if you will. I like to think of these rainy days as refreshing and welcomed with open arms. Heck not only does it cleanse the earth it cleanses my soul of all the mean and bitter thoughts I had over that last few days and reminds me that out of such gloom comes beauty-in a few weeks we will have flowers and I will have a pure  heart. I get to wear my rain boots my dad bought me for Christmas, so I think I am going to put them on and go splash around in a few puddles. Might make a bit of a mess but I know the next rainy day will just wash it way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment