Monday, April 7, 2014

Still

Yesterday we decided to work out in the yard and get the hummingbird and other bird feeders up. It was so nice to be outside. The weather was great. Once I was done planting and filling feeders, I started a fire in the pit and just sat down. Sat down out of tiredness but also because I just wanted to be still. I just wanted to be in the moment and smell the smoke from the fire pit, see the dog running around with a Frisbee on her face, and watch my SO take measurements of the porch, etc. I just wanted to be STILL. So i sat there for a good hour and realized I am going to have to do this more often. I didn't have to have a conversation, I didn't have to do anything I just had to sit there and be still. I told myself that everyday that its nice outside the dog and I will sit out there and just enjoy it. Today isn't going to happen, rainy and for some reason I am not feeling well.  But there is tomorrow....to just be still. Try it, you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment