Monday, April 28, 2014

Healing Story

I just finished a great book about a man who at the age of 13 became a paraplegic. The story goes on to tell the several different healing stories he has had throughout his life-through adulthood.  I started thinking about what would my healing story be? Would it be that I had to hit the bottom before I realized I needed help and couldn't do this without talking to someone and medication? Or would it be, that I finally decided that I am in control of this and am not going to let it destroy me to the point that people I love don't recognize me? Which will it be? Well, both actually, and many more to come. Just like in the book, I have multiple healing stories in my life. It doesn't have to be something grand.  IF you were hurt, physically or emotionally at anytime in your life, then there is a healing story to tell. So what is your healing story? No one suffers by themselves, trust me, there are people in your life that will be a part of the the story, you just have to open your eyes and see them standing in front of you.  Be kind to others and realize that they might be having a bad day because they are in the midst of their healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment