Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sacrfice

recent events have caused me to no longer be in the classroom. Its been almost two months being away from my students. It was not my doing and its out of my hands. I have to step back and let it run its course-which if you know me you know that is hard to let the control go. I got two emails from students last night that put everything in perspective for me. They said they missed me and wanted me to come back soon. I could only say do good on your studies and I won't be coming back to school. :( This has hurt my heart in more than one way.
1. I miss my students and teaching.
2. I hate that the students were not taken into account when this decision was made.
IN other words I feel like the sacrificial lamb and it was suppose to be for the good of the many, but in reality it was for the good of only a few.
I am going back to school this fall to fall in love again with teaching, because to be honest everything that I have been through has made me lose faith in people that run schools and their overall reason for being there. I love teaching more than anything and I still call myself a teacher even though I am not in the classroom. I will continue my education for myself and my future students can benefit from what I learn.
I took several ethics classes in college and one question the professor always posed was "does the needs of a few outweigh the need of the many?" in this case NO. (in my mind at least)
On a positive note its a beautiful day and I am going to take advantage of it. Be kind and remember to smile when you see people on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment